Thursday, August 9, 2018

More Millie

I don't know why I enjoy taking photos of my bike but for some reason I do.  We'll be riding along and I'll see something that captures my interest and I holler to hubby to "pull over".  I'm from northern Indiana and we have quite a few Amish in the area so anything Amish usually intrigues me.


A constant problem between bikers and drivers - Share The Road!  We try to be as courteous to drivers as possible, riding as far off to the right side as we are able.  Unfortunately, sometimes that shoulder area is full of broken glass and other debris.  I won't ride through that mess!


The west is on fire nearly every summer but this year California is having it worse than ever.  We have some fires in Utah (seven I think) but most of our smoke-filled air is coming in from California.  On the day I took this photo it was the first time in a long time that the air was clean.  Part of it was due to elevation and the other part was due to a shift in wind patterns.


Even though we are in the upper 90's more often than not, we are still running 2 days a week (three days is normal for us) and riding bikes another 2-3 days.  Once it cools off we'll be able to resume our 3rd running day and ride bikes in the afternoons.  When we run or bike we end up having to get up between 4:45am and 6:00am.  Once the sun is up it starts heating up quickly.


I still haven't lost any weight (actually gained a couple pounds) but I am having fun!



F

4 comments:

  1. Again...LOVE the fact your taking pictures of Millie wherever you ride!!

    Luckily(kinda) we are getting a Misty Foggy mix because of onshore breezes and aren't having to deal with the smoke....sure hope they can get a handle on these fires soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have gained muscle....Oh that last photo with the mountain in the back is lovely.
    I too am intrigued with anything Amish. WE took a tour of Amish Country in PA many years ago. Had lunch at an Amish home. Best food and OMCs they had a fridge powered by propane.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari om
    Yes, muscle is heavier than fat so that is the likely explanation. You and Millie ard certainly having good times together!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello carol its dennis the vizsla dog hay it is cool that yoo and millie ar gitting owt riding so mutch maybe sumday my dadas bike wil leev the garadj agin too!!! but i dowt it!!! sorry abowt all the smoke we hav ben sending yoo!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.