Saturday, December 23, 2017

I'm Boring!

Seriously, I haven't posted here since October?  I guess things must have gotten pretty boring.  But boring is a good thing since surprises after age 60 aren't necessarily desirable (or good).  So I will take boring and consider it a blessing.

My news of the day is that the oven broke.  After 17 years, it just quit.  And anyone who knows much about me knows that it didn't wear out from use lol!  So that event pushed us into the question of whether we stay with white appliances or take the leap into some sort of stainless steel? 

You'd think that buying a new dishwasher less than a year ago would have compelled us to ask the same question but it didn't.  The stove broke the camel's back.

So after listening to my "I hate stainless" friends, I began to question my desires.  But then the voice of my "I love Black Stainless" friends began to rise . . . and then it got louder.

So long story short, we had a new stove, microwave, and fridge delivered last Thursday.  It startled me for a minute but I liked how it updated things. (Note, the fridge is not as big as it looks in the photo.  In fact, it is smaller, a counter depth model.)


The oven is a convection, my first.  The stovetop is all grill, no blank spaces.  But as quick as I saw the "new look" (it was installed while I was gone), I realized . . . Houston, we have a problem! 

The fridge was loud, very loud! And to make matters worse, it had a VERY high pitched whine to it.  I HOPED it would go away after it "warmed up and got going".  Nope, it did not happen.  I knew I could NOT live with that noise.  It felt like it was giving me a brain tumor!

The salesman said that new high-efficiency refrigerators do make more noise but I assured him that I could not live with this fridge.  Luckily, he was very accommodating and understood customer service.  So we went back to the store the next day and selected a different fridge.

The new fridge is a door-in-door type.  The first time I saw one I thought it was the weirdest thing ever.  But after seeing the merit of the design I warmed up to the idea.

It looks great on the outside.


By opening up the first door there are quick-grab items and the cold air doesn't rush out of the whole fridge.


Or I can just open it up "regular" for "regular" fridge access.


It has plenty of storage and is a "counter depth" so it doesn't stick way out from the counter.  But best of all is that it is so much quieter!



Fleur out!

5 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    ...okay... now I got kitchen envy!!! My old fridge (one third the size of yours, including the freezer bit) was inherited with the Hutch; it works well, but is heavy on the power and makes one heck of a rattle and hum when operating. Key words in there? It works well.

    With all that new cooking appliance, is there gonna be a bit more action on the home prep???
    Eyes-on... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look beautiful. You are well stocked in the beverages!

    I am laughing st your 'I'm boring'. After my dad's awesome adventure last year (that is what he calls it), he said something like 'I tried spontaneous last year, it didn't go well!' So boring is better!

    Merry Christmas Fleur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh We love love love your new appliances and that fridge is this cat's meow. Love it. Such a clean and sleek look too

    Mom loves her black and stainless steel stuffs.
    Her fridge and dishwasher are black the stove and microwave are stainless.


    Hugs madi your bfff and mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new appliances! I think you may need to hire K-10's Sam to come down and cook for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's cool. It's working better than the other one?
    And.... You're not boring just busy lol

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.