Thursday, September 7, 2017

Smoke

We got home from vacation last night.  So now I am doing all the catch-up stuff related to being gone a couple weeks. I picked a huge bag of tomatoes last night and gave them to a neighbor.  I have a spaghetti squash and more tomatoes for us.  Even though the snails ate into my biggest tomatoes during my absence, there were still plenty of smaller ones. 

I stepped on the scale as soon as we got home.  Isn't that sick?  Anyway, it appears I haven't gained any weight so that's good.  But I do need to get focused!  I am concentrating on some things K10 and I talked about concerning habits.  Seriously, I've been dragging along these extra pounds waaaay too long now!

Because of the terrain we were in at Poulsbo, we haven't run since a week ago yesterday.  This is a rare occurrence but the traffic situation was just too bad.  There weren't many feeder roads that would work either since most didn't have shoulders or were massive inclines.  And tomorrow it will be 3 weeks since we've done a long run (13 miler).  So that means the pressure is on to get out there!  You know what they say "use it or lose it" and that is so very true with running!  Our next run is going to suck!

Unfortunately, the wildfires that have the entire west filled with smoke are presenting us with poor air conditions. We have a wildfire nearby, about 20 miles away. This is the view out the kitchen window.



We'll probably go running tomorrow but will have to see how many miles we can get in.



Fleur

6 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    You be careful out in that smokey air...
    Eyes-on... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poulsbo - that's where my brother lived when he got out of the Navy! Pretty area.

    Dad's been keeping me updated on the first in WA and OR and elsewhere, NOT good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh pleeeeease don't run, give me a fighting chance of winning the step thingy!!!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know you are determined and will master any new techniques K10 taught you.
    Is it hard to run in the smoky air?
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh when I was in Denver there was 1 day where you could hardly see the mountains due to the smoke. Even in the suburbs it was hazy. Hope that long run wasnt too bad!!

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.