Sunday, December 27, 2015

Bad Decision or Good Decision?

I told myself that I would NOT step on the scale until New Year's Day.  I am one of those people who weigh constantly.  I've been that way for decades.  I knew my weight was up cuz it was up when I made the decision.  And they I ate, and ate, and ate.  I ate pumpkin pie (lots of it), nuts, cookies, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, breads, rolls, and so on.

I feel porky.  My fingers look fat.  I can feel an extra (or at least more developed) roll on my stomach. Sometimes I just get tired of being so damn careful to NOT gain weight.  **sigh**  So I stepped on the scale this morning.  I promised myself this would be the last time until New Year's Day (at which time I would deal with the damage).  **sigh**  Oh, there is damage . . . so much damage . . . Here we go again . . .

3 comments:

  1. The joys of the holidays! Too many temptations! Even with our small Christmas I know I ate too much. Had to put my snow pants on today and they were a little more than snug. I will be joining you and the 10 lb challenge starting today! (I don't own a scale, maybe I should get one!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    This sounds like cruel and unusual self-punishment to me... perhaps a new year's resolution could be to dump the scales and buy a new set for 2016 - then calibrate them according to your own average!
    eyes-on... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to be good during the holidays. You do NOT want to know how many mashed potatoes I ate. You'll get back on tract.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.