Thursday, March 19, 2020

COVID19 Days

Hubby and I are trying to stay away from people and the places they congregate.  Apparently, we are of the age that if we were to contract COVID19, it would likely be a serious situation.  I heard today (Dr. Sanjay Gupta) that many of those who had the Corona Virus and have since recovered, still have a 20-30 percent deficiency in lung capacity several months later.  Gee, you don't hear that part!

Anyway, we're at home and bored as hell.  

I have several projects that I could take on but I hesitate to start them because as soon as the weather is decent again we want to spend a lot of time on our bikes.  I don't want to start something I won't finish.  Actually, I don't want to start anything period.  I think I am in a funky mindset.  

We had an earthquake yesterday.  We are 39 miles (as the crow flies) from the epicenter.  We were at Smith's when it hit and the baked goods I was looking at started moving.  I got a bit dizzy.  Then I heard a sound, it was kind of loud.  This is a newer building so I bet it was built to sway a bit in the event of such a thing.  There have been over 100 aftershocks but we haven't felt most of them.

I think 2020 is off to one hell of a start.  My youngest sister died recently.  It was very unexpected.  Now, some weeks later, we are dealing with COVID19, and then we get an earthquake. 

I'm finding myself feeling very irritable.  All I want to do is get outside and feel the warmth and sunshine.  Unfortunately, it's a bit early to expect that to happen with any kind of regularity. 

So in the meantime, I'm just keepin' on.....




3 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    It's all so... Armageddon. Created by us. Sigh... Be healthy, that's the thing. I have cabing fever too. Have hired a car to get myself back to the Hutch, which I haven't seen in five weeks now. It's a necessary trip (some important mail waiting) and will only be for two days as have to come back to Edin for dad's cares. As you say - 2020... hey ho.

    Crikey and an earthquake too. I mean. WT... Love ya all. Be safe and well. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2020 has been something! I am so surprised how little is closed in the US compared to Canada. We are almost on lockdown here. Be safe, the sun will rise again (to quote a book).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlee: "Our Dada says he was hoping 2020 would be less eventful for him than 2019."
    Chaplin: "So far it's not happening."

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.