Thursday, December 29, 2016

Week 3 Check In

Ok, I have now attended each of the Weight Watcher's meeting times that could work for my schedule.  And by "schedule" I mostly mean my running schedule which is the #1 priority when scheduling anything.   My plan was to visit each of them and then make my decision as to which one would be my "regular" meeting.

Today's meeting was the same leader as the first meeting I attended.  Ultimately, I'd say either of the two leaders would be fine so that wasn't really a factor.



Since Monday is my long run day, my weight is still "off" by the time the evening meeting rolls around.  Due to dehydration,  I can get a "false low" reading on the scale.  But if that meeting has the best "attendee interaction" I would still choose it.  I sort of assumed this would be the one I would end up with all along but wanted to make a fair assessment.

Tuesday is the meeting for parents to bring their kids with them so that is out.  Wednesday conflicts with my usual running time but could be doable when weather messes with my schedule.

Thursday is a lunchtime meeting, designed for those who work.  My assumption was that these people would interact minimally with one another.  Friday conflicts with my running time unless my run is cancelled due to unpredictable winter weather.  Saturday is Saturday - way too early to roll out of bed for a meeting lol!




The people at the Monday meeting were OK but a bit cliquish.  I assumed that over time it would be a bit more friendly.  I had almost decided not to bother checking the Thursday meeting and just staying with the Monday group.  However, due to the fact WW was closed for the holiday on Monday I was sort of forced to check out the Thursday meeting. I admit my expectations were a bit low for this "working group" at today's meeting.



I was the second person to arrive.  I sat down and started chatting with a lady sitting across from me. I noticed she was a bit more chatty than those I'd encountered at the other meetings.  Then, about 5-10 minutes later, people started flowing in the room.  A lady sat in front of me, turned around and said, "I don't know you but I'm glad you're here!"  Then three other ladies chimed in and they all introduced themselves. Then they started talking and actively included me in the conversation.  Wow, no clique here!



During the course of the meeting they continued with their welcoming attitudes.  By the time the meeting was over they were insisting I pick THIS meeting as my "regular" meeting.  One of them, along with another who had been sitting behind me, came up to me and thanked me for sharing something, saying they really needed to hear it. The meeting was over but about 5-6 ladies were still there chatting with me!

As we finally began to make our way out of the room and towards the door, one of the original ladies re-introduced the group and said if I forgot their names they'd do it again next week.


OMG, these are my people!  I left the meeting feeling really charged up!  They treated me like I was a rock star or something lol!  So from now on (unless my schedule gets messed up) Thursdays will be my weigh in days.




Scale Results:  I was up 6 tenths.  I'm not bothered by it for several reasons.  First, it's only 6 tenths, easily a fluctuation.  Secondly (and more likely), remember what I said about the "false low" from Mondays?  This could have just been a truer weight.

So here are my stats, fully dressed and wearing shoes:

Beginning Weight:  172.2 pounds (78.1 kg.)
Today's Weight:       165.8 pounds (75.2 kg.)
Difference:                - 6.4 pounds   (2.9 kg.)


Today's morning weight (in pj's) was 163.6 pounds (74.2 kg.)

Goal Numbers:  I always consider 155 pounds (70.3 kg.) as my goal weight.  However, Weight Watchers considers 157 (71.2 kg.) as my goal weight and allows me to be 2 pounds over that (159 pounds  - 72.12 kg.) without breaching the terms of my Lifetime Member standing.  Once I get down to 159 pounds (72.12 kg.) I will no longer have to pay any money and can attend all meetings free of charge.  Until that point I pay $10 per meeting.

So . . . I have 6.8 pounds (3.08 kg.) to lose and I will be within my WW goal range (and no longer pay the fee).

I have 10.8 (4.9 kg.) pounds to lose to be at MY goal weight (however, I decided I will go below that as a "safety zone").

Looking at my morning/jammie weight, I have 8.6 pounds (3.9 kg.) to lose.  Kind of confusing isn't it?

 I sure picked the right name for this blog didn't I?


6 comments:

  1. How great!!! I suppose your Thursday meeting is a bit far for me to commute, huh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't all the people be like Thursday people!!
    Hubby bought me a new Fitbit for Christmas, what is he trying to tell me?
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    The minute I read "...lunchtime meeting, designed for those who work. My assumption was that these people would interact minimally with one another" I was saying to the screen not likely!... because they are likely to all be singles coming from different places and wanting every bit the interaction you are seeking. Evening classes (this is just about true of all discplines) tend to be pre-made friendships or groups of friends supporting each other. No doubt they would 'soften', but am really glad you found Thursday!!! Onwards and downwards...
    Eyes-on... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!! Getting a no clicky group is wonderful.
    Keep up the good work!!!

    P.s.I take the shoes and anything else that I can off!! LOL

    Diana

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.