Sunday, August 28, 2016

Lose The Square

Just thought I'd stop by and update this blog.  I have been home for a few days now and am slowly getting back into the groove of normal.  Although my heart was ready to come home with the anticipation that the weather will have made a change towards fall, that hasn't been the case.  We're headed right back into the mid 90's (35C) this week.  Sheesh . . .

Anyway, after seeing myself in a few vacation photos I have renewed my efforts (seriously, were there really any efforts before?) toward my goal of 155 pounds.  That is 12 pounds from here . . .

This photo really killed me.  I am square instead of like a long rectangle!  


Today was our day to supply treats for fellowship at church so I've had 12 dozen delicious Lofthouse cookies sitting in my kitchen for the past few days.  I didn't touch one of them (Bob ate one).  I kept thinking about being square.  At church I served them along with some other treats and didn't eat one crumb.  I really am tired of being square.

I fully realize my issue lies with my thinking.  After all, before anything goes in my mouth a thought must be processed, even if it is at lightening speed.  So I am starting to read a book . . . 


I am familiar with Judith Beck's work (that last name ringing any bells for anyone??) and have actually spoken with her on the phone once.  I know it will help get me thinking right.  I know this time will be different.  I am confident in it.


C


3 comments:

  1. I will be anxious to hear how this works for you. I My belly is the hardest for me to keep toned, but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    That's it. Think thin!
    Eyes-on... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the picture close at hand. We can't wait for the after shot! You can do it! If I am going to survive 2 hours a week with a 25 yr old trainer, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.