Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wednesday

Today is our 7 mile run.  The nice thing about this run is that we get to do it from out our door.  We don't drive someplace else (specifically down the hill) to do it.  Where we live (on the bench) it's too hilly to do distance and hills.  Even with our 7 miler we go on a trail to flatten it out a bit.  When I first started running I was plagued with injury.  Back then, all our runs were "out the door".  It took awhile but I finally realized my body could not handle the constant assault of running hills.  So although we do run LOTS of hills, we make sure it isn't all hills.


I came back from the run hungry so I had some toast & jelly.  I prefer jam but accidentally bought jelly.


Lunch


Got a little bit munchie today . . . 


There's actually some shredded wheat in there.  It is a small bowl so the banana covered everything up.


Spinach & mushroom calzone (you can judge the size by the silverware).  The dinner plates are also smaller than norm.


After some intensive nagging encouragement from a pal (wink * wink) I did my stretches today as well as 30 crunches and 40 leg lifts.  I know I need to work my upper body but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HATE exercise!  OK. that's a wrap!

5 comments:

  1. LOL Oh Good girl!! Now arent you even sorta glad that you did it??
    Hey I did 90 jumping jacks today with 30 min aerobics. And trust me no one HATES exercise more than me!!!
    Keep up the good work.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    ...and running isn't exercise, it's meditation, right?!

    That size of plate is what we would call a 'tea plate' here, sufficient for high tea - which is a cooked and substantive snack.... and that is pretty much what your calzone looks like.... it's only brekky time here and now you got me thinking about what to make for dinner!!!

    I gotto get to the rodeo, love you and leave you here..
    Eyes-on...YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So not such an early start today? I'm still in shock about the 4am start!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That calzone looooooooks super duper yummy! AND I love the dinner plate!!

    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a rough day at work today, and I had a chocolate raid and I had a moment where I thought of your blog and what if I had to share everything I put in my mouth today. Well people would have seen those chocolate chips because I dealt with serious aggression in a client and kept my calm, and since wine isn't allowed at work . . . oh now you would see me with my big old glass of wine! teehee!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.