Friday, July 3, 2015

Friday - Holiday Eve

We didn't run today since our schedule is off by one day.  So tomorrow when we run we will finish about the same time as the local 5K race begins.  Last time this happened the racers thought we were part of the pack and took the wrong turn.  You'd think they would have noticed we weren't wearing a race bib.  We told them NOT to follow us but they must have liked the short cut.  I wonder if it will happen again tomorrow?  

Normally we would take the Doods with us but it is just too hot for them to run right now.  Anyway, the town is getting ready for the Independence Day Parade.  They have marked their spots up and down the main street for several miles.


They used to lay out blankets and quilts but this year the city said it was not allowed. Now it is mostly chairs and tape or rope.


OK, on to today . . .



For supper we are having garlic stuffed portobello mushrooms.  I bought some Wholly Guacamole at Costco (yum but high calorie) so I'm going to try that on it.  I also bought a watermelon.  I love watermelon and since I am the only one who eats it, you are likely going to see a lot of it tomorrow.  I like to put just a dash of salt on it.


For some strange reason I always have a root beer barrel when I play piano.  In case you're wondering I am NOT good.




You may not know it but there is another Blogville Blogger who started a diet blog the same time as me.  You can check out Oreo's mom (Diana) here.  BTW Yam, you were right on the sheers.  They were similar to these (a burgundy-ish color).

And so it begins . . .


That's a wrap!

2 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    I am a total wallymelon-addict too... though had one here in Scotland and of course it was lacking in the quality and taste to which I was accustomed in OZ and India... but it was heaps better than the cantaloupe experience!!! I can eat just that and nothing else till it's finished...

    Jade-dog used to love it also, especially if it was kept in the fridge for a while first. I even made frozen wally-pops for her in summer. ...

    nice 'sheers'... &*> Hope you have a wonderful Indy-day!!!
    Eyes-on...YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, while I love fruit and sweet, I have never enjoyed a melon.

    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.