Thursday, September 20, 2018

Mission Accomplished!

After having to postpone several times because of weather (high winds) we finally were able to head to Bear Lake for our bike ride around the lake.  It's just over 50 miles, across the Utah/Idaho border.  It would be our farthest ride ever!  Our friend Mary was with us.  She often accompanies us on the longer rides.  Mary bought her bike about a month before we bought ours.  Actually, she was the one who told me to spend some extra money and get a bike I would actually ride.  She was right!


I didn't get many photos of the lake itself.  It is a beautiful blue lake (caused by algae).  It's a really hot spot for the summer months so we intentionally waited until after Labor Day, then ultimately planned it for a weekday.


I couldn't get close enough to this Shoe House to really show you that it's in the shape of a shoe.  It has been around for several decades that I know of.  If you Google Bear Lake Shoe House there are other photos.


This is a great place for old houses.  I have a thing about old houses and snapped a few photos.  I didn't want to keep stopping for photos as the weather forecast was that in the afternoon the winds were supposed to kick up so I didn't want to cause us to have to ride against a strong headwind.  Can you see the Black Angus to the left of the house?


I have certain "rules" for my old houses.  I like the wooden ones, paint stripped off by age, and mostly intact.  Having windows and curtains are a bonus find!


Due to road construction, they turned us back just past the halfway point.  So I guess next fall we'll shoot for a true loop around the whole lake.  But as for the distance . . . 


Yup, mission accomplished!



F

3 comments:

  1. Wahoo!! What a bonus to find such cool old houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hARI oM
    YIPPEE - as a fan of old buildings myself I thank you for taking time out from your fabulous ride. Brava!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you and Bob and Mary!!
    Looks like you had a beautiful day too.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave me a comment. Even if only one word so I know you were here.